We found this recipe for pulled pork here. It’s easy to make, and the meat is very tender and tasty. It’s so good that we eat the whole lot on its own when we make it!
- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) pork butt or shoulder roast
- 200 g (7 oz) of onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 1 Tbsp of dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- Mix all the spices together to make a dry rub.
- Rub the entire roast with the dry rub (you should use it all.)
- Place a layer of onions on the bottom of your slow-cooker.
- Place the roast on top.
- Put the rest of the sliced onions on top of the meat.
- No liquid is needed!
- Cook the roast on high for 5-6 hours and then turn down to low for another 3-4 hours or until the roast is literally falling apart and easy to shred.
- Take 2 forks and shred (leaving aside any gristly or yucky bits if you are fussy like us).
The information below is for a cooked serving of 200 g (7 oz), which is approximately 1/8th of the pulled pork.
|Per serving (1/1)||403||3||0||3||16||57|